Course Outline and Topics
Touch typing is an essential skill for almost every industry, but is particularly important for those in administrative and clerical roles.
The Certificate of Touch Typing is a short online typing course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to develop keyboarding skills with speed and accuracy using touch typing techniques.
In this touch typing course you will learn how to type with speed and accuracy. You will undertake a typing test under test conditions, which will be marked according to Australian standards.
On completion of this course, you will feel confident to type with speed and accuracy and apply for jobs requiring excellent keyboarding and typing skills.
- Touch typing techniques
- Keyboard techniques
- Using the keyboard
- Identify and develop keyboard skills
- Speed and accuracy
- Use safe work practices
- Ergonomic requirements
- Health and safety (OHS)
- Mouse buttons and operations
- Alpha keys and numeric keypad
- Word screen
- The ribbon
- Quick access toolbar
- Creating a new document
- Document enhancement
- Check accuracy
- Proofread document
- Correct document
- Check spelling and grammar
- Proofreading documents
- Errors and corrections
- Typing Test Standard: NO.2708/2001
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.