- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the course fees even if he/she does not complete the course.
- The approximate duration of the Course is stated on the course page in the course FAQs.
- Course commencement is the date we receive your course fees in full.
- The participant has read the FAQs.
- There are no course or subject prerequisites for entry into our programs. However, our professional development programs are generally intended for people aged 18+. In some circumstances, enrolments from younger people may be considered. Please complete the AOC Parent Guardian Consent Form prior to enrolling.
- One (1) participant per enrolment;
- Course enrolment is complete when the participant has been issued a username and password for Learning Management System (LMS) access;
- Course duration is effective from the date LMS access/access to materials is granted;
- Course commencement is effective from the date LMS access/access to materials is granted;
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to an enrolment retrospectively and must be added at the time of checkout/enrolment;
- While enrolments are not transferable to other students, course transfers are available in limited circumstances. See Course Transfer Policy.
Course Materials and Access
- Course Materials are supplied in an online environment unless otherwise specified in the course description and may not be downloaded. Optional printed materials are available for most courses/units within Australia only (charges apply). Some courses have the option of downloading and printing the materials via our LMS.
- The content of the online Course Materials, including copyright and all other intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of AOC. You may not reproduce any part of the online course Materials without the prior written consent of AOC;
- Course materials, course content and assessment are subject to change;
- Course duration/study hours are estimates only;
- Course access is available until graduation;
- Course materials are provided online via our LMS 24/7 or via alternative means. Course materials comprise of online resources, including interactive and written learning content, videos (where specified – see course description), quizzes and assessment. The LMS site may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance.;
- To study online with Australian Online Courses you will need a computer (desktop PC/laptop) running a current/updated operating system with reliable high-speed internet access. You will also need basic computer skills, such as typing, knowledge of how to navigate the Internet and be able to use word processing programs.
- Unit/subject codes in our LMS are for internal purposes only and do not appear on official Graduate Certificates and Statements of Results. LMS completion records are for internal purposes only; and
- Twelve (12) months’ course materials access, with extensions available upon application (fees apply).
- Independent research beyond the course materials may be required to complete the assessment where specified.
- Unlimited Tutor support is available and provided via email;
- All assessments must be submitted electronically; and
- Using chatbots, AI (ChatGPT), or other automated tools to generate responses or complete assignments is strictly prohibited. All submissions must reflect personal comprehension and analysis, be written in your own words and be properly referenced. See Student Obligations.
Course Withdrawal and Refunds
Refunds will not be issued after course commencement except in exceptional circumstances.
Course Withdrawal and Refunds
- A 50% refund is permitted if the enrolment is cancelled within 7 days of the course commencement date;
- No refund will be provided after 7 days of the course commencement date;
- No refund will be provided where work or assessment has been saved or submitted; and
- Printed materials are non-refundable.
This decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with the Managing Director and shall be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
If you have difficulties completing your course by the enrolment expiry date, a free course extension may be available. See Course Extensions.
If you wish to transfer into another program, you may do so within 7 days of your commencement date free of charge. See Course Transfers.
Course Transfer Policy
- Course Transfers are permitted within 7 days since course commencement;
- Course Transfer fees apply and will be advised upon application.
- If an application for a transfer is successful, participants can transfer into a course of the same fee value. If the course you are transferring into is of a lesser value, a credit voucher will be issued. If the program you are transferring into is of a higher value, the difference in value will be payable;
- A tax invoice for the transfer fee and any outstanding balance will be issued and payable upon approval of the course transfer or will be deducted from the original payment amount;
- Only one (1) transfer is available; and
- Transfers will not be permitted where work and/or assessment has been saved or submitted.
- Course Transfer applications will be processed in accordance with Australian Online Courses Pty Ltd’s Course Transfer Policy.
- Processing time for course transfers are up to 7 days once the request has been lodged to Australian Online Courses Pty Ltd.
- Credit vouchers/tax invoices will be issued within 24 hours if there is a difference in the value of the current and prospective course. Administration fees apply.
Credit Voucher/Coupon Code Policy
All credit vouchers/discount coupons have the following conditions of use:
- Not redeemable for cash;
- Valid for one (1) use only;
- Not valid with any other offer/gift voucher/coupon code;
- The coupon code must be entered at the time of enrolment/course commencement; the discount cannot be applied at a later date.
- Coupons/vouchers cannot be used to order printed materials, and
- Coupon codes can only be used in the time frame specified in the special offer.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim)
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Upon enrolment into the course, we may use the content from your emails in our marketing materials and on our website testimonials page, as well as send you a monthly newsletter. Your identity will never be revealed, however we will use your surname, initials and your City. Please be assured that we respect your privacy and only comments related to course outcomes and student experiences will be mentioned.
Third-Party Authorisation – Individual Enrolments
Your AOC record is protected. If you need someone else to obtain information or documents on your behalf, you must provide your written authorisation. You will need to provide a signed written authority that includes your:
- Full name
- Contact telephone number
- Course title(s)
You must also provide the following details regarding the person who will be accessing your information:
- The person’s full name
- The persons date of birth
- The person’s relationship to you;
- The persons driver’s licence or passport number
- The type of information or access you wish the third party to have.
For employer/organisation enrolments, we may disclose your enrolment information, participation and assessment progress to your employer as required, including quarterly performance reporting.
AOC Code of Practice
AOC has responsibilities to you as a student to provide you with a quality of service that will assist you as much as possible in attaining your professional development certificate. We undertake to abide by all our policies and procedures.
AOC agrees to:
- Provide a tax invoice;
- Provide login details to access the online Course Materials (or alternative access) and mark assessments and provide feedback where applicable on submitted assessment tasks;
- Provide unlimited tutor support via email throughout the enrolment;
- Issue a Certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course (if applicable). We will provide clients with the results of their assessment within 7-14 days of assessment submission/completion. Certificates (electronic) will be issued within 7 -14 days.
Students with AOC are required to:
- Ensure that all the information provided to AOC is accurate;
- Notify AOC of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc.);
- Advise AOC of any difficulties or problems they may experience with AOC staff, procedures or training;
- Achieve satisfactory progress with their studies through participation and completion of assessments. Students are able to submit an assignment for marking three (3) times. If a student fails to attain a Competency Achieved/Pass grade upon the third attempt, re-enrolment into the unit will be required – charges will apply; and
- NOT submit or claim as their own, work derived from AI Tools, other source or work completed by another person. Students found copying and pasting content from AI Tools or directly from the Internet will breach these terms and conditions and enrolment in the unit will be cancelled. Re-enrolment into the unit will be required – charges will apply.
- In your interactions with administrative staff, course consultants and tutor support staff (including, but not limited to telephone calls, emails and instant chats) you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully at all times. As a customer or student of Australian Online Courses, you agree that you shall not, under any circumstances, use abusive language or harass staff. Australian Online Courses reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes abusive language and harassment, and where that has occurred; and may, partially or completely, deny service to any infringing party.