- By accepting these terms the participant agrees to pay the Course fees (including GST) for the Course using the payment method selected on the enrolment form.
- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if he/she does not complete the Course.
- If the participant is under 18, the parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Course Fees.
- The approximate duration of the Course is stated on the course page in the course FAQs.
- Course commencement is the date upon which we receive your course fees in full.
- Participants are unable to graduate from their course until course fees have been paid in full.
- The participant has read the FAQs.
- Course enrolment is complete when the participant has been issued a username and password for online course access/or sent course materials via another method;
- Course duration is effective from the date elearning access/access to materials is granted; and
- Course commencement is effective from the date elearning access/access to materials is granted.
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to an enrolment retrospectively and must be added at the time of enrolment.
- Course fees are non-transferable to other students. See Course Transfer Policy.
Course Materials, Access and Assessment
- Course Materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated in the course description, and are available for viewing online and may not be downloaded or printed, unless otherwise specified. Optional printed materials are available for most courses/units within Australia only. Charges apply;
- The content of the online Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of AOC. You may not reproduce any part of the online Course Materials without the prior written consent of AOC;
- Course materials, course content and assessment are subject to change;
- Course materials are provided online via our Learning Management System (LMS) 24/7 or via alternative means. Course materials comprise of written materials, web presentations, videos (where specified) and other learning resources. The eLearning site may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance. In the event that our elearning system becomes unavailable, course materials will be provided by another mode of delivery;
- Unit/subject codes located within our elearning system are for internal purposes only and do not appear on Graduate Certificates and/or Statement of Results. Course completion records, where applicable, are for internal purposes only and not an official transcript from Australian Online Courses.
- Independent research beyond the course materials may be required to complete the assessment. Tutor support is available to help guide students through the course content and assessment only. Tutor support is provided via email.
- All assessment must be submitted online via the elearning system;
- Elearning access may be suspended after six (6) months of inactivity; and
- Twelve (12) months’ course materials access, with extensions available upon application (fees apply).
Course Withdrawal and Refunds
Australian Online Courses Pty Ltd complies with Australian Consumer Law in regard to refunds. We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the course that you chose to enrol into.
However, while course fees are non-refundable, students may have extenuating circumstances that prevent them from undertaking their course. Where evidence can be successfully provided to support the student’s circumstances, course fees may be refunded or partially refunded as per the following:
- A full refund is permitted if the enrolment is cancelled prior to the commencement date and if access to resources has not been provided yet.
- A 50% refund is permitted if the enrolment is cancelled within 7 days of the course commencement date.
- No refund will be provided after 7 days of the course commencement date.
- No refund will be provided where work or assessment has been saved or submitted.
This decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with the Managing Director and shall be assessed on a case by case situation.
If you are having difficulties completing your course by the enrolment expiry date, a free course extension may be available. See Course Extensions.
If you wish to transfer into another program, you may do so within 7 days of your commencement date free of charge. See Course Transfers.
Course Transfer Policy
- Course Transfers are permitted within 14 days since course commencement;
- Course Transfer fees apply and will be advised upon application.
- If an application for a transfer is successful, participants can transfer into a course of the fee value. If the course you are transferring into is of a lesser value, a credit voucher will be issued. If the program you are transferring into is of a higher value, the difference in value will be payable;
- A tax invoice for the transfer fee and any outstanding balance will be issued and payable upon approval of the course transfer;
- Participants will not be eligible for a course transfer after 14 days;
- Only one (1) transfer is available;
- No further discounts will apply to the course transferred into; and
- No work/assessment has been saved or submitted.
- Course Transfer applications will be processed in accordance with Australian Online Courses Pty Ltd’s Course Transfer Policy.
- Processing time for course transfers are up to 7 days once the request has been lodged to Australian Online Courses Pty Ltd.
- Credit vouchers/tax invoices will be issued within 24 hours if there is a difference in the value of the current and prospective course. Administration fees apply.
Credit Voucher/Coupon Code Policy
All credit vouchers/discount coupons have the following conditions of use:
- Not redeemable for cash;
- Valid for one (1) use only;
- Not valid with any other offer/gift voucher/coupon code;
- The coupon code must be entered at the time of enrolment/course commencement; discount cannot be applied at a later date.
- Coupons/vouchers cannot be used to order printed materials; and
- Coupon code can only be used in the time frame specified in the special offer.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim)
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Upon enrolment into the course, we may use the content from your emails in our marketing materials and on our website testimonials page, as well as send you a monthly newsletter. Your identity will never be revealed, however we will use your surname, initials and your City. Please be assured that we respect your privacy and only comments related to course outcomes and student experiences will be mentioned.
AOC Code of Practice
AOC has responsibilities to you as a student to provide you with a quality of service that will assist you as much as possible in attaining your professional development certificate. We undertake to abide by all our policies and procedures.
AOC agrees to:
- Provide a tax invoice;
- Provide login details to access the online Course Materials (or alternative access) and mark assessments and provide feedback where applicable on submitted assessment tasks;
- Provide unlimited tutor support via email throughout the enrolment;
- Issue a Certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course (if applicable). We will provide clients with the results of their assessment within 7-14 days of assessment submission/completion. Certificates (electronic) will be issued within 7 days after marking a students’ final assessment, with optional hard copies available for purchase within Australia. International students will receive an electronic copy of their certificate only.
Students with AOC are required to:
- Ensure that all the information provided to AOC is accurate;
- Notify AOC of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc.);
- Advise AOC of any difficulties or problems they may experience with AOC staff, procedures or training;
- Achieve satisfactory progress with their studies through participation and completion of assessments. Students are able to submit an assignment for marking three (3) times. If a student fails to attain a Competency Achieved/Pass grade upon the third attempt, re-enrolment into the unit will be required – charges will apply; and
- NOT submit or claim as their own, work derived from other source or work completed by another person. Students found copying and pasting content directly from the Internet will be in breach of these terms and conditions and enrolment in the unit will be cancelled. Re-enrolment into the unit will be required – charges will apply.
- In your interaction with administrative staff, learning consultants and tutor support (including, but not limited to telephone calls, emails and instant chats) you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully at all times. As a customer or student of Australian Online Courses, you agree that you shall not, under any circumstances, use abusive language or harass staff. Australian Online Courses reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes abusive language and harassment, and where that has occurred; and may, partially or completely, deny service to any infringing party.