Course Outline and Topics
Children are born curious with a natural talent for creativity. If this creativity is nurtured and encouraged in early childhood their performance during school years and even into their professional lives is enhanced.
Nurture Creativity in Children is an online professional development program that will provide you with the skills and knowledge to provide essential developmental experiences in music, movement, and creativity.
In this online professional development course, you will explore the fundamental principles of childhood pedagogy that apply to nurturing creativity in children in order to meet children’s physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
On completion of this course, you will be equipped to provide essential creative experiences for children that nurture creativity and enhance their potential.
- Foster creativity
- Physical environment
- National Quality Framework
- Belonging, becoming, being
- Principles and practice
- Learning outcomes
- Creative expression
- Art materials
- The Human environment
- Cognitive level
- Role model creativity
- Learning framework
- Finger painting
- Using paintbrushes
- Using scissors
- Making collages
- Painting options
- Critical reflection
- Provide experiences
- Drama / dramatic play
- Playing instruments
- Visual art
- Evaluate experiences
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.