Course Outline and Topics
Double your career options with this dual certificate program combining the exciting role of human resource management with recruitment. Recruitment is a critical activity and arguably the most important function of the human resource role. It is also a standalone profession, leading to employment within a large organisation’s human resource department or in a recruitment firm.
When you combine recruitment with human resources, you expand your knowledge in the recruitment process, giving you a specialised skill that will boost your demand in a human resource role or as a recruitment consultant.
Do you enjoy helping people? If you have strong people skills, you’re likely to thrive in a human resource role, as people skills – listening, empathy, advocating – are paramount to success.
The Certificate of Human Resources will give you with the skills and knowledge required by human resources managers to provide leadership and strategic direction in an organisation’s human resources policies, procedures and activities.
This professional development program will cover how to manage all aspects of recruitment and selection, performance management and workforce planning. You will also discover a range of core unit competencies including managing remuneration, selection and induction and strategic human resource planning.
On successful completion of this course, you can be considered for a range of career opportunities including Manager, Human Resources (Strategy), Human Resources Director and National Human Resources Manager.
Would you like to help people find their dream job? Does the thought of shaping the culture and success of an organisation excite you? If so, the highly rewarding and exciting career of a recruitment consultant might be for you.
The Certificate of Recruitment is designed to provide an understanding of the first stage of managing people – attracting and selecting staff. This online course will explore recruitment and human resource management strategies, including workforce planning and forecasting.
This online recruitment course will show you how to conduct a job analysis, write a job and person specification, explore recruitment methods and sources, as well as interview techniques and preparation. You will also learn the critical skills required to prepare for candidate selection, conduct successful interviews, make selection decisions and manage the recruitment cycle in alignment with organisational objectives.
You will also learn how to develop and implement prospecting strategies to expand your client base, as well as how to source and assess candidates and provide services that assist in retention and successful candidate management.
On completion of this course, you will have gained the knowledge, skills and tools to succeed in the fast-paced recruitment industry as a consultant or as a valuable part of a human resource team.
Why choose a dual program?
With a dual certificate program you can:
- save money – our dual programs are cheaper than studying two certificates separately, making studying more affordable;
- combine two areas of interest giving you greater variety in your studies;
- graduate with a competitive advantage, with a broader range of skills and knowledge; and
- seek a career in either of your study areas, or in a field that combines both, giving you greater flexibility.
See the Certificate of Recruitment
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Academic, tutor and technical support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.