Course Outline and Topics
A business should know the condition and location of assets at all times. If a fixed asset register isn’t in place, a business is vulnerable to fraud, theft and loss; inadequate maintenance of assets; and non-compliance issues.
The Administer Fixed Asset Register is a short online course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to maintain a register of capital expenditure items. You will learn how to reconcile asset registers to general ledgers. You will also learn how to recognise new assets and asset categories and work with spreadsheets.
On completion of this online course, you will feel confident to implement and maintain a fixed asset register for a business.
- Reconcile asset register
- Record expenditure items
- Purchase orders
- Getting quotes
- Deliveries and receipts
- Tax invoices
- Organisation policies and procedures
- General ledger
- Prepare a reconciliation report
- Bank errors
- Errors and discrepancies
- New assets
- Asset categories
- Current and fixed assets
- Establishing an asset register
- Pro-forma template
- Schedules and HOC reports
- Depreciation expense and schedule
- Calculating depreciation
- Prime cost method
- Diminishing values method
- Tax schedules
- Activity statements
- Fringe benefits tax returns
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.