Course Outline and Topics
Writing For the Web is an online professional development program that will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to create engaging content for the web. As people do not read information on a website in the same way that they read print media, it important that writers have the skills to write in ways that will catch readers’ attention.
In this online web writing course you will learn how to apply engaging techniques that draw readers to web pages, plan what to write to reflect your web hierarchy, create engaging content, including catchy headlines, enhance your writing with other forms of media and make your writing accessible to a variety of readers.
At the end of this course you will have gained the skills to write content that is engaging, catches people’s attention and gets picked up in search engines.
- Introduction to web writing
- Web writing versus traditional writing
- Creating engaging dialogue
- Design and structure
- Understanding HTML
- Writing persuasively
- Site hierarchy
- Menus, links and buttons
- Creating eye-catching content
- Creating eye-catching headlines
- Writing and formatting
- Writing structure
- Rich content
- Reviewing and planning
- Audio and video content
- Search engine optimisation
- Alternative search
- Optimising keywords
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised nationally and internationally by employers;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate/Statement of Attainment issued for your CV; and
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.