Course Outline and Topics
The human brain is fascinating in its complexity. If you’d like to gain an understanding of the brain and behaviour to apply bio-psychological principles in the areas of childcare, aged-care, business, health, fitness and technology this course is ideal professional development for you.
Understanding the Brain and Behaviour is an online professional development program that will explore the human mind, brain and behaviour and provide an insight into the functions of the human brain.
In this online biopsychology course, you will gain an understanding of the human brain, brain anatomy and behaviour, brain chemistry and electronics and the biology and neurology of learning and memory. You will also discover the neuropsychology of brain damage, as well as the applications of neuropsychological research in the areas of business, technology and fitness and health.
On completion of this course, you will have gained an understanding of the function of the human mind, brain and behaviour and it’s applications in research across a variety of industries.
- Biology of the brain
- Psychology and psychiatry
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Mind-brain problem
- Brain studies
- Identity theory
- Brain structure
- Normal brain function
- Brain plasticity
- Brain development
- Brain chemistry
- Neurotransmitters and behaviour
- Drugs and neurotransmitters
- Neurology of learning
- Brain damage
- Brain lesions
- Cerebral disorders
- Pathology of brain injury
- Brain functioning tests
- Treatment of brain damage
- Neuropsychological research
- Assessment and rehabilitation
- Brain studies and children
- Aged Care
- Business applications
- Health and fitness
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.