Course Outline and Topics
If you work in an administrative role, you may be called upon to take minutes for a meeting. Often described as an art form, effective minute taking can be a daunting and complicated task due an unclear agenda, interruptions, ambiguous agreements or an inexperienced chairperson.
Successful Minute Taking is an online professional development course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to prepare and write effective minutes and facilitate meetings.
In this online minute taking course, you will learn active listening and business writing techniques to write minutes using a suitable tone and to ensure syntax is appropriate for the intended purpose and audience.
On completion of this course, you will feel confident to manage and report on meeting outcomes to produce minutes that reflect an accurate account of a meeting for an organisation or department.
- Effective note taking
- Engaging in written communication
- Grammar strategies
- Recalling information techniques
- Tools and techniques
- Note taking in meetings
- Notes in interviews
- Listening skills
- Adopting a receptive mindset
- Receptive to communication
- Become a better listener
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Choosing appropriate wording
- Nouns, modifiers and transitions
- Writing clearly and concisely
- Verbs and voice
- Purpose to your writing
- Using design elements
- Planning effective meetings
- Meeting participants
- Meeting agendas and purpose
- Readying people for meetings
- Meeting conduct
- Productively solving problems
- Ending meetings and follow up
When you study with Australian Online Courses, you will be assessed using a competency-based training method.
Competency-based training focuses on the achievement of skills and knowledge against set criteria to ensure your competency is industry relevant. You will not be benchmarked against other students.
If you do not achieve a competency result on your first attempt, you have two more attempts to pass your assessment. So, you have three attempts in total to obtain a competency result.
In this way, you can complete your course in your own time and at your own pace with the assistance of unlimited tutor support.
In this course, you will be assessed via multiple-choice questions to determine your mastery of details and specific knowledge gained during your studies to achieve a ‘competent’ or ‘not yet competent’ result.
Benefits of Multiple-Choice Assessments
- Appropriate for assessing students’ mastery of details and specific knowledge.
- Can be used to assess both simple knowledge and complex concepts.
- Questions can be answered quickly to accurately assess a students’ mastery of many topics relatively quickly.
- Assessment can be quickly and reliably scored to achieve a ‘competent’ or ‘not yet competent’ result.
- As the answers are visible, multiple-choice questions offer the opportunity for the continuation of the learning process, offering educational value.