Course Outline and Topics
High levels of stress jeapordise your emotional and physical wellbeing, making it difficult to think clearly, participate in activities you enjoy and make the most of life.
Identifying the stressors in your life and using stress management techniques will help you to feel happier, healthier and improve your focus and productivity.
Stress Management is an online professional development program that will provide you with the knowledge, skills and coping strategies to control and manage stress.
In this online stress management course, you will gain an understanding of the many aspects of stress, how it can affect you, your mind and body and provide you with practical ways to manage your stress.
Some topics covered in this course include understanding negative emotions, managing anger, understanding depression and anxiety, coping with negative emotions both at home and at work, and ultimately learning how to achieve balance in your life.
Using a self-paced, interactive study guide, you can take as much or little time as you wish to complete this course. Start today, learn today, learn when you like. You could finish this course in a weekend if you wanted or take a year- it’s up to you.
- Negative Emotions
- Impacts and causes
- Physiological arousal
- Negative emotions and mental health disorders
- Controlling stress
- Responses to stress
- Exhaustion phase
- Chronic stress
- Long-term outcomes
- Cognitive responses
- Defence mechanisms
- Stress and war/disease
- Stress and relationships
- Stress and crime
- Stress management techniques
- Coping strategies
- Relaxation techniques
- Physical state of the body
- Altering the Body’s state of mind
- Seeking help
- Anger management
- Impacts of anger
- Anger as physiological arousal
- Conceptualising anger
- Passive aggressive anger
- Diffusing anger
- Counselling strategies
- Depression and anxiety
- Symptoms and causes
- Dealing with shame guilt and self-doubt
- Coping with negative emotions at home and work
- Coping strategies
- Techniques for wellbeing at home and work
- Achieving a balance
- Dealing with conflict
- Hedonic and approaches
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.