Course Outline and Topics
Stocks are rich liquids used as a flavoursome base for sauces, soups and other dishes and are an essential foundation for great cooking.
Stocks, Sauces and Soups is a short online course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to prepare various stocks, sauces and soups in a commercial kitchen or catering operation.
This short, professional development course requires the ability to select and prepare ingredients, and to use relevant equipment and cookery methods.
On completion of this course you will feel confident to create, store and present stock, sauces and soups for professional or home-based services.
- Select ingredients
- Food production requirements
- Stocks and sauces
- Select, prepare and use equipment
- Portion and prepare ingredients
- Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- Thickening agents
- Convenience products
- Food quality adjustments
- Present and store soups, sauces and stocks
- Adjust presentation
- Environmental conditions
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.