Course Outline and Topics
Medical Terminology is an online professional development program that will provide you with an understanding of medical terminology to help you secure work in the healthcare field, including careers in health administration.
In this online medical terminology course, you will gain the skills and knowledge you need to interpret and apply medical terminology, including word building, body systems, medical abbreviations. You will also learn how to use appropriate medical terminology in written and verbal communication in a health care context.
- Instructions and medical terminology
- Strategies for learning medical terminology
- Building blocks of medical words
- Word construction
- Special words and phrases
- Human body systems
- Illnesses and medical conditions
- Medical investigations
- Medical equipment
- Hospital departments and sections
- Using checklists
- Policies and procedures
- Carry out routine tasks
- Terminology and surgery
- Written communication
- Completing documents
- Drug names
- Written references to surgical procedures
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.