Course Outline and Topics
The termination of an employee is an unfortunate but necessary part of working in human resources or being the manager of a business or department.
Managing Employee Separation and Termination is ideal professional development for human resources managers or human resources personnel who take responsibility for overseeing all aspects of managing the termination of employment.
This online employee separation and termination program will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to deal with redeployment, resignation, retirement, dismissal and redundancy, including conducting exit interviews. You will also learn to address separation at an individual level, through resignations and dismissal, and at the level of the group, through redundancy and restructuring.
On completion of this course you will feel equipped to undertake employee separation and termination with confidence.
- Separation/termination best practice
- Developing policies and procedures
- Conducting research
- Consultation with management
- Confidentiality and legislation
- Unfair dismissal
- Suspension of employees
- Resignation/voluntary termination
- Constructive dismissal
- Communicating policies
- Using feedback
- Manage separation/termination processes
- Redundancy/redeployment plan
- National employment standards
- Incapacity to perform
- Employment contracts
- Training needs analysis (TNA)
- Learning and development plans
- Job work shadowing
- One-on-one training
- On-site training
- Disciplinary procedures
- Termination decision tree
- Analysing workforce data
- Interviews and focus groups
- Exit interviews
- Policy statements
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.