Course Outline and Topics
A business that operates using Lean processes and principles will enjoy a clear, competitive advantage, due to enhanced productivity, improved quality, and smoother and reduced operation costs.
Lean Process Improvement is a short online professional development program that will provide you with knowledge and skills required to transform business operations using Lean principles and tactics.
In this online lean process improvement course you will learn how to overhaul business operations to reduce waste and increase business value. You will discover the history of Lean, including the Toyota Production System House, as well as other models and strategies.
On completion of this course you will have developed a range of problem solving, business analysis and lean thinking skills, which are critical to the creation of a successful lean enterprise.
- Understanding Lean
- The History of Lean
- Lean vs Six Sigma
- Toyota Production System
- Liker Pyramid
- Levels of the Pyramid
- Problem solving
- Toyota Production System House
- Critical improvement concepts
- Understanding value
- Kano Model
- Customer needs model
- Types of waste
- Creating a lean enterprise
- Going green with Lean
- Characteristics of a Lean organisation
- Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycle
- R-DMAIC-S Model
- Lean thinking tools
- Genchi, Genbutsu and Gemba
- Kaizen and Kaizen Events
- Blitz Workflow
- Data gathering and mapping
- Flow charts
- Ishikawa diagrams
- SIPOC Diagrams
- Value stream maps
- Data analysis
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.