Course Outline and Topics
Waxing is a common service offered in most beauty salons and is often performed when the client wants instant temporary removal of hair on areas of the face or body. This introductory waxing course is a must-do for beauty professionals to gain confidence to perform face and body waxing for male and female clients.
Introduction to Waxing is an online professional development program that will provide you with the foundation knowledge and skills required for a career involving waxing treatments and service. In this online waxing course, you will learn the theory of safely applying waxing treatments on the face and body to reduce unwanted hair.
On conclusion of this waxing course, you will discover how to safely remove hair from the face, body and intimate areas of men and women using various waxing techniques.
- Prepare for a waxing service
- Prepare service area
- Relevant legislation
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Identify client contraindications
- Perform waxing treatments
- Select procedure and products
- Clean waxing treatment areas
- Workplace procedures
- Wax temperatures
- Soothing after-wax products
- Review treatment
- Provide post-treatment advice
- Identify and explain adverse effects
- Provide home-care advice
- Make product recommendations
- Rebooking client
- Plan female intimate area waxing treatments
- Consultation techniques
- Maintain safe and effective methods of intimate area waxing
- Suitable personal protective equipment
- Apply work techniques to minimise discomfort
- Plan male intimate area waxing treatments
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.