Course Outline and Topics
Reflexology is a complimentary therapy that can be used to massage the feet, hands and head in order to promote wellness in other areas of the body. If you have a beauty therapy or massage business, or aspire to work in the beauty services industry, this course is ideal for you.
Introduction to Reflexology is an online professional development program that will introduce you to the philosophy and principles of reflexology. According to the philosophy of reflexology, all the parts of the body have representing reflexes on the feet, hands and head.
In this online reflexology course you will discover the history and development of reflexology, the principles of reflexology as well as the anatomical structure of the foot. You will discover a range of reflexology techniques including thumb, finger and hand techniques, which aim to promote health and wellness throughout the body.
On completion of this course, you will have acquired the skills and knowledge to put reflexology techniques into practice in beauty treatments and complimentary therapies.
- History and development of reflexology
- Principles of reflexology
- Anatomical structure of the foot
- Bones of the foot
- Muscles of the foot
- Reflexology zone
- Benefits of reflexology
- Products and equipment
- Treatment planning
- Working safely
- Posture and flexibility
- Working sustainability
- Applied reflexology techniques
- Basic reflexology techniques
- Positioning the client
- Basic routines
- Technique adjustments
- Feedback and aftercare
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment. No practical assessment or work placement is required to complete this program.
- Become trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate/Statement of Attainment issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.