Course Outline and Topics
Are you interested in adding cosmetic tattooing to your beauty skill set? If so, this professional development course is an ideal introduction to this exciting, sought-after beauty treatment.
Introduction to Cosmetic Tattooing will introduce you to the theory of cosmetic tattooing, including designing cosmetic tattoos in response to client briefs with a focus on the lips, eyebrow areas, eyelids, face and breast areola.
This cosmetic tattooing course includes the following topics: treatment plans and procedures, infection control, shape and style and after care of cosmetic tattooing.
On completion of this course, you will feel confident to explore cosmetic tattooing services for your business or career development.
- Defining cosmetic tattooing
- Anatomy and physiology for cosmetic tattooing
- Consult with client
- Indications for treatment
- What if client doesn’t like finished look?
- Facial tattooing
- Pigment colours
- Colour corrective mixing
- Machines and needles
- Obtaining written consent
- Prepare client for service
- Skin preparation
- Pre-treatment advice
- Patch test
- Pigment dipping
- Portion control
- Sterile swabs
- Brow procedures
- Eye procedure
- Lip procedures
- Review treatment
- Provide post treatment advice
- Provide aftercare advice
- Follow-up treatment procedures
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment. No practical assessment or work placement is required to complete this program.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.