Course Outline and Topics
This online professional development course is ideal for anyone working with feet. This can include allied health roles in podiatry or beauticians specialising in pedicures.
Foot, Skin and Nail Care will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to provide basic foot, skin and nail care to clients. In this online course you will learn the fundamentals of feet assessment, learn how to develop a foot care support plan and perform basic foot, skin and nail care.
On completion of this course, you will feel confident in your role assisting in foot care, whether in the podiatry or beauty industry.
- Feet assessment by health professional
- Determine services required
- Foot care
- Podiatric care
- Foot care support plan
- Communicate plan with client
- Common law
- Duty of care
- Infection control guidelines
- Perform foot, skin and nail care
- Explain procedures to client
- Risk and complications
- Prepare client comfortably
- Nail filing
- Feet washing
- Foot issues
- Clean and store equipment
- Protocols and infection control
- Dispose of biological waste
- Aseptic technique
- Document client information
- Podiatry requirements
- Legislative requirements
- Infectious diseases
- Mandatory reporting
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.