Course Outline and Topics
If you are responsible for child’s education and care, it’s crucial that you have up-to-date, reliable emergency first aid training to ensure their safety.
Emergency First Aid – Education is a short online course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
This emergency first aid course is important professional development for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
On completion of this course you will feel confident to respond to first aid emergencies in an educational setting.
- Recognising and managing emergency situations
- Emergency action principles
- Emergency conditions
- Identifying hazards
- Assess victim and scene
- Baby and toddler assessment
- Record accurate observations
- Life threatening conditions
- Managing emergency situations
- Managing serious injuries
- Managing serious conditions
- Emergency response services
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- DRSABCD action plan
- First aid equipment
- Training and current qualifications
- First aid management
- Reassuring casualty
- Casualty consent / implied consent
- Using resources and equipment
- Manual handling or lifting patients
- Monitor casualty’s condition
- Communicating with emergency services
- Emergency personnel takeover
- Injury or illness report form
- First aider support services
- Law and Ethics
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.