Course Outline and Topics
If you are interested in making beautiful, glossy, high-quality chocolates, whether to create gifts, start your own business or work as a chocolatier, you will need to learn the professional art of tempering.
Chocolate Tempering is a short online professional development course designed to give graduates the knowledge and skills required to set up and operate chocolate tempering equipment.
In this chocolate tempering course you will learn how to operate and monitor the tempering process, clean and maintain equipment, maintain workplace records and meet safety and production requirements.
On completion of this short online course you will feel confident to create professional chocolates that are of the highest quality for yourself or a chocolate business.
- Prepare the tempering equipment
- Process for operation
- Cleaning and maintenance requirements
- Processing / operating parameters
- Meet safety and production requirements
- Equipment performance checked
- Pre-start checks carried out
- Workplace requirements
- Operate and monitor the tempering process
- Monitor tempering specifications
- Environmental guidelines
- Workplace records maintained
- Shut down the tempering process
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.