Course Outline and Topics
In order for an organisation to achieve its overall long-term goals, there needs to be a solid strategic management plan in place.
The Introduction to Strategic Planning is an online professional development program that will provide you with the skills and knowledge to undertake the process of strategic planning for an organisation.
In this online strategic planning course you will learn how to manage and set priorities, align resources, strengthen operational systems, and ensure employees and stakeholders are working towards shared goals.
Throughout this course you will learn the necessary skills required to create a strategic plan that is aligned with an organisation’s values, vision and mission statement.
You will also discover how to create a meaningful SWOT PEST analysis and apply a range of other tools and techniques to create a strategic plan that will lead an organisation towards success.
On completion of this course you feel confident to use knowledge gained to implement a successful strategic management plan for an organisation.
- Develop strategic plan
- Strategic planning processes
- SWOT PEST and STEEP analyses
- Vision and mission statements
- Planning models
- Develop values
- Stakeholder support
- Market information research
- Internal – performance review data
- Environmental scans
- Political, economic social developments
- Technological developments
- Risk management
- Fault/Event tree analysis
- Econometric models
- Cost benefit analysis
- Strengths, weaknesses and threats
- Cooperative ventures
- Write strategic plan
- Document relevant research
- The SIPOCC model
- Strategic objectives and strategies
- Time frames
- Responsible parties
- Performance indicators
- Action plans
- Check resources required
- Communicate strategic plan
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.