Course Outline and Topics
Loss prevention is critical to the success of a retail store. If you own or manage a retail store or plan to work in the retail sector this course is important for you.
The Certificate of Retail Security and Loss Prevention is an online professional development program that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to maintain store security in a retail environment.
In this online retail security and loss prevention course you will discover how to implement store policy and procedures to ensure store security. You will learn how to inform team members about loss prevention and provide ongoing supervision and training to facilitate awareness and detection of theft.
You will also learn about the maintenance and use of store security equipment, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of staff and customers. You gain skills and knowledge in the detection and apprehension of thieves and the application of post-apprehension procedures according to State and Territory laws.
On completion of this course, you will feel confident to maintain security and loss prevention for a retail store.
- Monitor and maintain store security
- Store policies and procedures
- Review security procedures
- Store policy
- Legislative requirements
- Store security elements
- Procedures to minimise theft
- Bag checks
- Security of cash, cash registers and keys
- Transaction procedures
- Report matters affecting store security
- Awareness and deletion of theft
- Inform team of store security policy and procedures
- Provide staff with feedback
- Facilitate awareness of theft detection
- Write a report
- Apply store security
- Handle and secure cash
- Observe and deal with suspect behaviour
- Internal and external theft
- Store security systems
- Vendor theft
- Minimise theft
- Checking customer bags
- Dispute procedures
- Maintain cash security
- Armed robbery
- Suspected thieves
- Handling and storing stock
- Stock loss through wastage
- Stock loss through oversupply
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.