Course Outline and Topics
If you seek a varied and challenging career that keeps you at the forefront of current events and new trends, look no further than public relations. Public relations writing is a specialised skill that involves influencing the reputation of individuals and organisations.
The Certificate of Public Relations Writing is an online professional development course that will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to write effectively in a public relations context. Throughout this course, you will learn to write strategically on a range of public relations writing tasks including media releases, newsletters, speeches and writing for the web.
This online public relations course has an emphasis on strategic planning and thinking, which will develop your creativity and show you how to successfully implement communication solutions to public relations issues and problems. You will also discover how to plan and produce written documents in public relations practice and write effectively for different audiences and genres within the public relations workplace.
On completion of this professional development course, you will have a detailed knowledge of public relations writing and will feel confident to use your newly acquired writing and editing skills to produce an effective range of public relations materials.
- Introduction to public relations writing
- Public relations theory
- Planning to write
- PR Writing Plan
- Situation Analysis
- Setting objectives
- Target audiences and publics
- Persuasive strategy
- Public relations tactics
- Public relations tools and techniques
- Effective PR writing
- Developing key messages
- PR writer’s checklist
- News releases
- Writing for the web
- Print and broadcasting
- Research and document writing
- Research and interviewing
- Pitches and Proposals
- Writing reports and submissions
- Style Guides
- Grammar and Spelling for Public Relations
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.