Course Outline and Topics
The use of the internet, especially at work, requires responsibility on the part of the employees and employers. This online course gives you peace-of-mind that staff and management are aware of what is expected to remain safe and socially responsible online.
The Certificate of Internet Communication and Security is an online professional development program that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to communicate safely in an online environment.
In this online internet communication and security course you will learn how to connect to the internet, securely send and receive emails, search the internet using web browsers and interact securely (and in a socially responsible manner) with a range of internet sites.
On completion of this course you will feel confident to use, communicate and search securely on the internet.
- Connect to and access the internet
- Existing internet connection
- Open an internet browser
- Internet browser software security
- Modify toolbar
- Socially responsible behaviour
- Use email for communications
- Organisational guidelines
- Attach files to email
- Adjust email accounts
- Email security
- Search the internet
- Create bookmarks
- Access and use specific sites on the internet
- Use internet application sites
- Undertake online transactions
- Ensure security of transaction site
- Conduct an advanced search
- Use Boolean search techniques
- Use information that has been located
- Determine website authority
- Copyright statements, privacy statements
- Save and print information
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.