Course Outline and Topics
Whether you need to secure funding for a personal project or for an organisation, professional grant writing skills are essential. This course is excellent professional development for those who work for a non-profit, school, religious institution or other organisation that requires funding.
The Certificate of Grant Writing is an online professional development course that will equip you with the skills and tools you need to enter the exciting field of grant writing.
In this online grant writing course, you will learn how to organise a successful grant writing campaign, network effectively for success, and how to put together a complete proposal package.
On completion of this course, you will be able to plan, coordinate, write, package and submit a successful grant-writing proposal to secure funding opportunities.
- Introduction to grant writing
- Finding funding
- Types of grants
- Uses of grants
- Grant writing research
- Grant documentation
- Initial approaches
- Application guidelines
- Fundraising tools
- Grant writing process
- Networking for success
- Social networking
- Introductory phone calls
- Grant writing campaigns
- Development teams
- Collaborative partnerships
- Asking for support
- Letters of enquiry
- Letters of request
- Proposal packages
- Measuring success
- Financial information
- Grant application process
- Diversification of funding
- Application review process
- Packaging your proposals
- Government proposals
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.