Course Outline and Topics
If you work in a school or educational setting, understanding learning, thinking, motivation and the ability to comprehend and retain knowledge is essential.
The Certificate of Educational Psychology is an online professional development course that will introduce you to the theories, principles and practices of educational and learning psychology. Taking you through the psychology of the learner, educational needs and learning environments, you will develop an understanding the psychology of learning, education and teaching.
Psychological theory, models and methods will be related to the practice of educational psychology, including assessment and intervention. The course will also explore the challenges of different learning styles, classroom and behaviour management and discipline.
On completion of this course, you will have a solid foundation of the theory of educational psychology and how it contributes to planning and implementing a learning program in a positive educational environment.
- Teaching profession
- Teaching and educational psychology
- The learning process
- Theories and models of learning
- Student development
- Physical development
- Cognitive development
- Social development
- Moral development
- Student diversity
- Individual styles of learning
- Gifted and talented
- Gender differences
- Cultural differences
- Special educational needs
- Learning disabilities
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Intellectual disabilities
- Behavioural disorders
- Physical disabilities
- Student motivation
- Classroom management
- Classroom communication
- Verbal communication
- Participation and communication
- Communication styles
- Critical and creative thinking
- Teacher directed instruction
- Student-centred learning
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.