Course Outline and Topics
Serving as a coach or mentor is an incredibly rewarding experience. As a learning tool in the workplace it can empower employees to grow, develop and learn new skills to achieve company goals.
The Certificate of Coaching and Mentoring is an online professional development course that will help participants to develop the skills to support and sustain improved performance by others.
In this coaching and mentoring course you will learn to develop a professional mentoring relationship with a learner, in particular an apprentice or trainee employed by, or undertaking work placement in, a workplace.
Designed to help you develop your mentoring and coaching skills, this coaching and mentoring course will teach you how to design and implement a coaching and mentoring program using adult learning principles and current coaching and mentoring methodologies.
On completion of this course you will feel empowered to act as a coach or mentor in the workplace or develop a coaching and mentoring program for an organisation.
- Topics update in progress. 09/10/19 – 16/10/19
- Mentoring relationships
- The mentoring role
- Ground rules
- No fault process
- Facilitate mentoring relationship
- Develop confidence and respect
- Building the relationship
- Problem resolution
- Personal and professional networks
- Network importance
- Non work-based networks
- Resolving differences
- Conflict resolution styles
- Monitor mentoring relationship
- Feedback and reinforcement
- Negotiate and manage closure
- Effectiveness of mentoring
- Benefits to protégé / mentee
- Report outcomes
- Traineeships and apprenticeship
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.