Course Outline and Topics
If your business doesn’t use cloud computing, you’re missing out on the many benefits of a setting up a virtual office that connects your business from anywhere and at any time. A cloud-based business enjoys reduced IT costs, protection of data and systems, greater collaboration potential, ability to implement flexible work practices and automatic updates.
Introduction to Cloud Computing is designed to provide the knowledge and skills you need to implement cloud computing in a business. You will learn how data flows within a business, how to determine future computing needs and make improvements to business operations.
In this online cloud computing course, you will also learn the risks and potential opportunities of implementing a cloud computing system for a business. You will also learn about cost-benefit analysis, software as a service, cloud cruiser lists and data strategies.
This professional development course will also explore the four models of cloud deployment, how to budget for short and long-term priorities and implementation planning. You will also learn how to communicate key features of the cloud computing and to train staff to become efficient using cloud computing.
On completion of this course, you will have gained the knowledge, skills and tools you need to introduce cloud computing to business operations.
- Review computer resources
- Review internet connection
- Data flows within the business
- Future computing needs
- Improvements to business operations
- Summarise business computing needs
- Cloud computing fundamentals
- Types of services offered and their costs
- Relevant cloud computing services
- What is cloud computing
- Management responsibilities
- Infrastructure and platforms
- Software as a service
- 4 models of cloud deployment
- Professional assistance
- Basic cost-benefit analysis
- Cost of cloud services
- Potential opportunities
- Risks introducing cloud computing
- Preparing a business case
- Cloud cruiser list
- Introducing cloud computing to a business
- Budget for short and long-term priorities
- Implementation strategies
- Data strategies
- Implementation plan
- Communicating the key features of the plan
- Training to become more efficient using cloud computing
- Coaching and mentoring programs
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.