Course Outline and Topics
If you have people-skills, are highly motivated and organised, a career in claims management and workers’ compensation could be your calling. Your job may include assisting with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs.
Claims management and workers’ compensation specialists work for insurance companies, in health, motor vehicle, home, and other industries – to efficiently and effectively manage a portfolio of insurance claims.
The Certificate of Claims Management and Workers Compensation is an online professional development program that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to assist with the management of workers’ compensation claims, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs.
- Claims management
- Processing claims
- Legal insurance requirements
- Care for injured workers
- Injury register
- Rehabilitation providers
- Nature of illness or injury
- Preparing claim reports
- Absence from work
- Rehabilitation assistance
- Successful rehabilitation
- Return-to-work program
- Consultation between all parties
- Skills and experience of worker
- Return to work planning
- Job redesign process
- Rehabilitation programs
- Return-to- work program
- Costs and impact on organisation
- Retraining of worker
- Evaluate programs
- Support for injured worker
- Breaches of return-to-work program
- WorkCover rights and obligations
- Monitor return-work-programs
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.