Course Outline and Topics
If empowering people to improve their health and wellbeing appeals to you, consider a rewarding career in nutrition. The Certificate of Food and Nutrition will provide you with the knowledge to develop and share your passion for healthy eating.
This online food and nutrition course will equip you with a healthy eating framework to develop or advance your career in nutrition. You will explore the biology of the human digestive system and gain an understanding of the nutritional value of foods and how food is processed by the body.
You will also discover micro and macronutrients and new ideas for recommended daily intakes and the impact of food preparation on nutritional value.
This online professional development program will also give you an understanding of nutrition and health disorders, including IBS, Coeliac disease and food allergies and intolerances, as well as the impact of food on mental health and psychological wellbeing.
The Certificate of Food and Nutrition is ideal for those interested in a career or business in the food or nutrition industry, including but not limited to health food retail, fitness centre, medical service, nutrition consultancy, as well as food writing, blogging and food marketing.
This program will also provide you with an opportunity to improve your own health and wellbeing by gaining a better understanding of food and nutrition across the lifespan.
- Food and nutrition
- Nutrition and nutrients
- Recommended daily intake (RDI)
- Population-based nutrient requirements
- Healthy eating guides
- Nutrition across the lifespan
- Digestion and digestive system
- Serving sizes
- Lifestyle and health
- Cultural differences
- Micro and macronutrients
- Nutrition and health disorders
- Diet and disease
- Diet and our bones
- Nutrition and the heart
- Diet and the respiratory system
- Diet and the urinary system
- Diet and the digestive
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Coeliac disease
- Diet and mental health
- Food and psychological wellbeing
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Food and digestive disorders
- Weight loss diets
- Nutritional supplementation
- Nutritional research
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate/Statement of Attainment issued for your CV; and
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.