Course Outline and Topics
They say there’s at least one great novel in all of us just waiting to be released. Could yours be the next bestseller? If you have a penchant for writing this course is sure to kickstart your creative writing career.
The Certificate of Creative Writing is an introductory professional development program that will provide you with the knowledge, skills and techniques required to create compelling fiction and creative non-fiction.
In this online creative writing course, you will discover the scope and nature of creative writing, writing methodologies and techniques, research and writing inspiration, story and character development and how to write realistic dialogue.
You will hone your creative writing skills, including how to kick-start your writing process, boost your writing confidence and learn how to develop compelling characters.
At the end of this course, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills required to successfully distribute and sell your creative writing pieces.
- Creative writing scope
- Creative writing plots
- Oral storytelling
- Types of creative writing
- Writing methodologies
- Time management
- Using formulas
- Writing techniques
- Framing time
- Constructing timelines
- Objectivity and subjectivity
- Conflict and obstacles
- Point of view
- Character development
- Script writing
- News scripts
- Writing dialogue
- Writing genres
- Children’s books
- Fantasy writing
- Crime fiction
- Science fiction
- Romance and relationship writing
- Commercial genres
- Creative marketing
- Non-fiction writing
- Creative non-fiction
- Creative writing techniques
- Rhythm and landmark events
- Crisis – conflict – resolution
- Metaphors and similes
- Exaggerating reality
- Writer’s block
- Writing and the law
- Publishing your work
- Distributing and selling your work
- Writing contracts
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate/Statement of Attainment issued for your CV; and
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.