Course Outline and Topics
If you’re a dog lover or are considering buying or adopting a dog, Caring for Dogs is a complete care guide that will provide you with information on how to choose the right dog and how to keep your best friend happy and healthy.
This short course covers all of the essential factors to consider when caring for and owning a dog, including basic dog care, dog breeds, selecting the right dog for you, biology of dogs, basic health, dog psychology, grooming and working with dogs.
This course is an excellent resource for households with dogs or for those wanting to work with dogs in a professional capacity, such as dog groomers, dog trainers, dog carers, dog walkers or animal handlers in veterinary care settings.
- Dogs and humans
- Dog breeds
- Basic dog care
- Choosing the right dog
- Healthy home environment
- Dogs and fire emergencies
- Biology of dogs
- Physiological characteristics
- Reproductive systems
- Basic health care
- Signs of healthy dog
- Poor health
- Parasites, disease and illness
- Caring for a sick dog
- Reproduction and breeding
- Dog psychology
- Grooming techniques
- Grooming tools
- Day care and exercise
- Assistance dogs
- Canine therapy
- Dog handling
- Funeral and memorial services
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate/Statement of Attainment issued for your CV; and
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.