Course Outline and Topics
Would you like to learn how to make delicious cakes, pastries or breads from scratch? Whether cooking for yourself, family or friends, working in a bakery or starting your own café or catering business, this course will show you the fundamentals of baking sweet and savoury foods.
Cakes, Pastries and Breads is a short online course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to produce cakes, pastries and breads in a commercial kitchen following standard recipes. It requires the ability to select, prepare and portion ingredients and to use equipment and a range of cookery methods to make and decorate cakes, pastries and breads.
On completion of this course you will feel confident to make, decorate and store cakes, pastries and breads.
- Select ingredients
- Food production requirements
- Select, prepare and use equipment
- Portion and prepare ingredients
- Yeast-based dough’s
- Cookery methods for cakes, pastries and breads
- Food quality adjustments
- Decorate present and store cakes pastries and breads
- Adjust presentation
- Display cakes, pastries and breads
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.