Course Outline and Topics
Assertive communication is a core-communication skill that is important to express thoughts and feelings effectively and in a self-assured, confident manner. Some people are naturally assertive; but if you’re not one of them, don’t dismay – it’s also a learned skill.
Assertive Communication is an online soft skills course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to comprehend the different aspects of the communication process and apply effective communication techniques at work and in social settings.
Throughout this assertiveness skills course, you will learn how to identify and use a range of communication styles, use appropriate listening and questioning skills and use body language and non-verbal communication to effectively build your assertiveness skills.
On completion of this course, you will have the skills and knowledge to practice assertive communication so that you can better communicate your needs with others in the workplace and in your private life.
- The flow of communication
- Channels of communication
- Barriers to communication
- Listening skills
- Proactive behaviours
- Communication strategies
- Assertive behaviour
- Communicating at work
- Accommodating diversity
- Johari window
- Communication processes
- Communication styles
- Assertiveness skills
- Selective assertiveness
- Passive behaviour
- Aggressive behaviour
- Circles of concern
- Proactive behaviour
- Body language and communication
- Physical contact
- Body space
- Negotiation techniques
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.