Course Outline and Topics
As an employer, you are legally responsible for the safe work practices of employees to reduce the incidents of injury or illness. If safe work practices are not followed a business can incur significant fines and penalties.
Apply Safe Work Practices is a short online course that will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to apply safe work practices, including identifying and reporting faults and problems, according to workplace health and safety (WHS) legislation and store policies. It also covers procedures for emergency situations, evacuation, accident and illness.
On completion of this safe work practices course, you will feel competent to contribute to workplace health and safety for a business or organisation.
- Work place procedures
- Law and ethics
- Safe operating procedures (SOPs)
- Employees’ duties
- Safety instructions
- Safety signage
- Protective equipment
- Safe manual handling techniques
- Dangerous goods and substances
- Safety data sheets
- Hazard identification and management
- Incident/hazard reports
- Recognising emergency situations
- Emergency incident procedures
- Fire procedures
- Health and safety consultation process
- Health and safety issues
- Faulty or damaged equipment
- Raising issues/ suggestion boxes
- Workplace inspection checklist
- Human resources courses
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.