Course Outline and Topics
Anger Management is an online course that will help you learn how to identify anger triggers and the coping and planning techniques to help manage anger.
In this online anger management course, you will explore anger dynamics, the anger process and the factors that sustain its detrimental effects. You will discover a range of proven tools and self-talk techniques and coping strategies for dealing with situations where anger can escalate.
The course is beneficial for those who manage people in a work or recreational setting to gain insight on how to be assertive and sensitive to the emotions of others. This program is also ideal for those requiring an anger management certificate to meet court or other official requirements; please check with your legal advisor.
- What is anger?
- How does anger affect you?
- Dimensions of anger
- Managing your anger
- Anger pay-offs
- The anger process
- Trigger thoughts
- Coping with anger
- Positive self-talk
- Distorted thinking
- Destructive labeling
- Imperative thinking
- Mind reading
- Coping strategies
- Relaxing techniques
- Communication skills
- Listening and feedback
- Losing control
- Behaviour management
- Goals and rewards
- Action plans
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.