Course Outline and Topics
Do you want to work in the front office of a hotel, motel, serviced apartment or casino? Receptionists are the first point of contact for customers so it’s integral that they present a professional first impression.
Accommodation Reception Services will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to check guests in and out of commercial accommodation establishments. This online course will also equip you with a range of competencies, including general reception skills, housekeeping, processing payments, checking daily arrivals, allocating rooms and completing relevant documentation.
On completion of this course you will feel confident to work in the front office as a receptionists for a range of accommodation service providers.
- Welcome and register guests
- Prepare for guest arrival
- Prepare reception area
- Review arrivals
- Allocate rooms
- Organisational policies
- Special situations or requests
- Opportunities to upsell
- Registration procedures
- Accounting procedures
- Room access
- Mail and messages
- Departure lists
- Generate guest accounts
- Process payments
- Forward reservations
- Express group checkout
- Records and reports
- Room changes
- Late checkout
- Early departures
Written assignments and exercises, including short-answer questions, reports/essays and projects. There are no examinations or due dates for assessment.
- Become fully trained and improve your employment opportunities;
- Recognised by employers as professional development;
- Study online, anywhere via our elearning system;
- Access to high-quality courses written by industry experts;
- Interactive simulations for many programs;
- All course materials provided online – no textbooks to buy;
- Unlimited tutor support;
- Easy to understand course content;
- Unlimited enrolment with no expiry;
- Certificate issued for your CV (hard copy provided);
- Tax deductible in most cases* See your tax advisor.