Navigating the complex and rapidly changing world of internet marketing can be daunting, which is where our new course, the Certificate of Internet Marketing, comes in. Time to get digital!
Websites, blogs, online advertising, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress, Pinterest … the world of internet marketing has many ‘faces’, and all of them are unique and valuable to a business. But only if used to advantage! The key is knowing how to get noticed.
Virtually every enterprise can use internet marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy – and having these skills is not just valuable for those in marketing or social media marketing. Anyone who runs their own business or is responsible for (virtually) connecting with others can benefit from these powerful technologies – they’re universal!
- Learn about the history of internet marketing
- Discover the scope and nature of social media
- Explore the possibilities of using social media for marketing a product
- Learn how to recognise information overload
- Study website marketing, social media marketing and the use of video and audio on the internet
- Explore the risks and legal concerns involved with internet marketing
- Learn about Search Engine Optimisation and internet marketing
- Study psychology and psychological theories around internet marketing
- Understand how internet users think and behave
- Learn about methods you can use to encourage people to your site
- Examine how to overcome consumer resistance
- Learn how to interact and engage with your customers
- Study how to capture and hold your viewer’s attention
- Discover the value of page title keywords
- Learn about the effective applications currently being used in social media
- Explore why you should use social media when marketing
- Study the purposes of social media, its variables and ways it can be used in marketing
- Discover why people use social media to advertise their products
- Learn about the purposes of different social media applications
- Study how to use your web presence properly
- Discover how to ensure you have the appropriate mix of online marketing techniques for your product
- Learn about the different types of internet marketing
- Study website essentials and how to plan your website
- Explore different website layouts, landing pages and microsites
- Find out what makes a mobile-friendly website
- Gain insights into search engines, apps and internet advertising
- Learn about internet marketing demographics and promotions
- Examine how to establish and leverage an appropriate online presence when marketing a product
- Explore the marketing processes involved in encouraging customer connections
- Learn how to set up an online store
- Uncover successful tips when it comes to engaging with customers
- Gain insights into business and marketing plans to ensure user engagement
- Discover why website content is important
- Learn what content to create, how to create it and where to use it
- Explore the different types of web content including articles, blogs and newsletters
- Find out how to link your content with social media platforms
Internet Marketing Stats For 2020
In the ever-changing world of internet marketing, marketers need to understand that content marketing, in particular, is about more than just about producing mass-produced content. Using a data-driven approach, you can create effectively, targeted campaigns that will help your businesses attract, engage and retain customers. Here are some of the latest Australian SEO and content marketing statistics that will hopefully inspire you to study our internet marketing course!
Search Engine Optimisation
It’s hard to deny the value of ranking well and attracting organic traffic to your website, and SEO is key to any digital marketing campaign, because:
- 93% of online experiences typically begin with the use of a search engine.
- Organic searches provide almost 6% more opportunities than paid searches.
- 75% of users almost never scroll past the first page of their search results.
Google continued to be the powerhouse of the search engine world and increased its market share by around 1% in 2018. Here are the top 5 search engines in Australia:
So, although mobile usage is gaining in popularity, the majority of Australian users still use their desktop. The top 3 search platforms are:
Also, over the past decade, smartphones have revolutionised our lives in ways well beyond just verbal communication, and they are invaluable platforms for marketing because:
- 89% of people are likely to recommend a brand to others if they’ve had a positive experience on their smartphone.
- Over 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new product or business while they’ve been searching on their smartphone.
- Mobile searches using the word ‘best’ have grown over 80% in the past two years.
Blogs are regularly updated web pages that are typically written in an informative yet informal or conversational style, and they are an ideal element in an internet marketing strategy because:
- 80 million blog posts are posted on average every month.
- Content marketing via blogs gets three times more leads than paid search advertising.
- 55% of marketers say blog content creation is one of their top inbound marketing priorities.
Over half of Australia’s population logs into Facebook every day – so it’s a valuable platform to promote your content. Here are the top 10 social media platform rankings:
- Facebook – over 15,000,000 monthly active Australian users
- YouTube – over 15,000,000 unique Australian visitors per month
- Instagram – over 9,000,000 monthly active Australian users
- Snapchat – over 6,400,000 monthly active Australian users
- WordPress.com – over 5,800,000 users
- Twitter – over 4,700,000 monthly active Australian users
- LinkedIn – over 4,500,000 monthly active Australian users
- Tumblr – over 3,700,000 users
- TripAdvisor – over 2,800,000 users
- Yelp – over 1,500,000 users
And, according to a Content Marketing Institute survey done last year, 90% of Australians also use social media posts for marketing purposes with 56% of marketers agreeing that social media is the most effective in helping their organisation achieve specific marketing goals. Here is the breakdown of marketing usage:
So, are you ready to amp up your organisation’s marketing efforts? Study our Certificate of Internet Marketing and launch your business into the powerful realms of the digital world … and the future!