Webinars are a valuable and effective tool used by thousands of Australian businesses across all industries. They are used for everything from training and education to marketing and customer service, and are an affordable means of connecting with staff, customers and the online community.
Ideal for teachers, managers, trainers and educators, our Creating Winning Webinars course will give you insights into the entire process of creating an impactful and effective webinar. In this webinar training course, you will learn how to define your webinar objectives, leverage community connections, and use webinars as part of a holistic marketing strategy.
You will also study best practice in webinar creation, how to choose its structure, create an outline, manage your budget and technical support, and choose the platform that suits your components and ultimately your business goals.
Outcomes achieved by undertaking a webinar training course online include:
- Learning how to create an effective webinar
- Exploring how to define webinar objectives
- Studying the term “webinar” and what it means
- Gaining insights into using webinars for marketing purposes
- Examining why to use webinars
- Understanding how to use your community connections
- Learning how to use webinars as part of marketing strategy
- Exploring best practices with webinars
- Studying what and what not to do with webinars
- Gaining insights into lack of preparation, testing and flexibility
- Examining the keys to successful webinars
- Understanding how to maximise your reach and efficiency with webinars
- Learning how to choose the structure of a webinar
- Exploring the goals and expectations of webinars
- Studying the elements of structure that can serve you best
- Gaining insights into the objectives of your webinar
- Examining your webinar content pieces and audience
- Understanding how to create a webinar outline
- Learning about the formula for webinar creation
- Exploring how to welcome your audience
- Studying how to offer an interactive task
- Gaining insights into how to offer an incentive to stay until the end
- Examining how to establish credibility
- Understanding how to review key problems and then tell viewers solutions
- Learning about mistakes to avoid
- Exploring including case studies
Why Webinars Are Essential For Business
As you’ll quickly discover when you undertake webinar training, webinars are highly effective tools as part of an overall business-to-business sales and marketing strategy. They can:
Position Your Brand As An Industry Thought Leader
Webinar attendees essentially want to gain new insights, learn new skills and leverage the latest industry trends. If you can establish yourself as a “thought leader” in your industry by hosting webinars, you will foster respect and trust with your audience and it will become much easier to “sell” your products or services.
Create Brand Awareness
Brand awareness is hard to measure, and awareness campaigns typically take time to convert into brand recognition and therefore sales. However, the majority of consumers are more likely to buy products and services from familiar brands. Hosting webinars frequently will start to create an association with your brand and the industry you’re in, and will also make it easier to launch new products or services.
Generate Highly Targeted Leads
Webinar topics often revolve around teaching new skills or solving practical problems. This potentially means people who sign up to webinars become quality leads — because if they are willing to sign up with their email and take the time to watch a webinar, they may be willing to pay top dollar to solve their problem!
Acquire Paying Customers
Webinars should be interactive and engaging, and many have features that keep audiences interested and engaged including being able to:
- Greet them and respond to their chat messages
- Launch polls and draw conclusions “live” from the results
- Q&A launch – sessions at the end of the webinar
- Video testimonials of previous satisfied customers
- Launch call-to-actions to make your offer attractive
Increase Customer Activation
When it comes to products in particular, customers often want to see see them in action, see how they solve real problems, and ask specific questions about them. Hosting webinars can achieve customer action because they will realise the true value of your product. Because you are also talking directly to your customers, you will gain valuable feedback and be able to further enhance your product offering by responding to their suggestions and/or issues.
Create Partnership Opportunities
If you’re hosting webinars regularly, you may start getting partnership requests. Educational partnered webinars can make it easier to generate content (for example, via interviews), and you can also tap into your partners’ audiences. If their audiences are in the same niche, you can potentially unlock new viewers and generate more marketing opportunities.
Planning a Webinar in Six Weeks
Planning webinars takes skill (which you’ll gain with webinar training), but they also take time. They can also be complex to undertake, so here’s is a handy timeline that will ensure they are an effective and integral part of your overall content strategy.
6 Weeks Before
- Try to pick the best time-frame for your audience. Take your industry into account which can be different for every business as audiences don’t engage the same way. Review your email stats and social media analytics to see when people are interacting with your business.
- Select a topic. Review what content you already have, see what content performs best in a specific timeframe, and engage with internal or external speakers that will add value.
- Set webinar metrics. Depending on your ultimate business goals (for example, educating customers, increasing brand awareness, conversions or authority), some metrics to consider include click-through rates, number of registrations/attendees, the duration of attendees viewing your webinar, their engagement, satisfaction, conversion and your overall return on investment.
- Set a budget. This will help you identify which resources you can use to bring your webinar to life.
- Decide on your webinar setup. Will you present from a studio of from your office or at home?
5 Weeks Before
- Create your marketing assets including your registration page and the emails that will be part of your webinar workflow.
- Decide who you’ll invite to your webinar and ensure you have permission to send emails. Make sure your email is short and sharp and includes a value proposition, a brief summary, what your attendees will gain by joining and bios of your speakers.
- When people register, the response should be automated and include clear instructions on how to attend.
4 Weeks Before
- Start drafting your webinar presentation. Keep content minimal, keep it visual and keep it simple. Make it more appealing by displaying information visually in squares or bubbles and work with backgrounds and fonts that will make it stand out.
- Promote your webinar passively on your website, use channels you are familiar with, team up with industry leaders, leverage your sales team, and/or invest in paid media such as Facebook or Google ads.
1 Week Before
- Send a reminder invitation to those who haven’t registered and make sure it creates urgency!
- Review your registration list and content with your presenters.
3 Days Before
- Promote your “last chance to register” content on channels including social media.
- Review the physical setup of your webinar including connection, background and technical equipment.
- Send your “last reminder” emails to registered attendees. Set up early and do a sound check. Post live social media posts to boost its promotion. Make sure you have answers to potential questions that people viewing your webinar might ask. Record your webinar so you can promote it on platforms like Vimeo or YouTube.
After The Webinar
- Send a thank you email to everyone who registered for your webinar and include a copy of the recording and any other supporting documentation.
- Start collection reporting data to see how you performed against the metric you set at the beginning of the process.
Unleash the power of a simple, cost-effective way of increasing brand awareness, generating new leads and strengthening your prospects’ interest in your product or service with webinar training, including our Creating Winning Webinars course.