Strategic Thinking for Success will equip you with the skills and knowledge to confidently deal with risks. This professional development course will also make you a valuable asset to organisations across a range of sectors.
Risk is inevitable in any organisation, and it has the potential to inflict serious damage, which can have negative financial and efficiency impacts. Our strategic thinking course will help you to identify, assess and manage risk, and develop strategic plans to mitigate potential risks. These are all in-demand skills critical to business success.
- Discover how to identify risk using root cause identification and forecasting tools like the Delphi technique.
- Learn how to differentiate between internal and external risks.
- Plan, conduct and manage brainstorming sessions.
- Learn key risk assessment concepts, including opportunity and threat assessment using Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Discover how to create an effective strategy for responding to risk, such as risk exposure adjustment and contingency planning.
- Learn how to think strategically, develop your capacity for creative thinking, and how to deal with complexity.
- Use strategic thinking to consider the bigger picture, including understanding paradoxes and causality, and how to assess value and supply chains.
Is This Course For You?
This strategic thinking course is ideal for public and private sector executive staff, including functional managers, departmental leaders and those who have managerial or executive responsibilities. It will enable professionals to move beyond purely operational service delivery to implementing ‘bigger picture’ strategies.
Traits of Analytic Thinkers
According to psychologists, we all have a natural tendency to go with intuitive answers to problems and choose solutions that ‘feel right’. However, analytical thinkers take their search for a solution even further to find answers that can be proven to be correct. Some of the characteristics analytical thinkers display (and we bet you nod your way through the list!) are:
- Your lifestyle can sometimes appear chaotic to other people because you like to concentrate on important, ‘thinking’ tasks rather than on domestic ones.
- You can give sound reasons and explanations for all your decisions, including your favourite foods and your choice of hobbies!
- You often need time alone, and you like to use it to absorb new information and working out complicated solutions.
- People turn to you when they have a question because they know you’ll either have the correct answer or make it your business to find out what it is!
- You enjoy the company of like-minded friends who can match your quick thinking ability and inspire your intellect.
Why Study Strategic Thinking For Success?
According to an article in Forbes business magazine, multiple studies have shown that “strategic thinking is the leadership quality that correlated best with perceptions of ‘success’ and ‘effectiveness’ in the workplace.” Further, “employees respect and value leaders who are mindful of the future and always seem prepared for it”.
As technology in today’s business landscape (including the rise of AI and automation), drives a higher rate of change, more and more organisations are seeking leaders with strong strategic thinking capabilities. The greatest protection an individual or a company can have is the ability to adapt quickly. Strategic thinking training provides a clear approach for leaders seeking to improve the way they plan for change. This valuable soft skill will give you a competitive edge and continued business and personal growth in an ever-changing world.
Key Skills Of Analytical Thinkers
Analytical thinkers are valuable to organisations because of their ability to:
- Visualise how different parts of a process fit together and predict how small changes can influence the whole organisation.
- Strongly support procedures and policies.
- Exceptional knowledgeable about their area of work expertise.
- Be in the right place, at the right time, with the right information.
- Make decisions that are highly valid and can be supported by solid facts and figures.
Keen to leverage your analytical skills in your career? Our Strategic Thinking for Success course will fine-tune your talents to affect change and ensure your organisation remains competitive in today’s globally competitive markets.