The economy, technology and the political landscape are changing rapidly, and adopting Agile project management practices ensures organisations can adeptly complete in continually competitive marketplaces. In our new Certificate of Agile Project Management course, you will learn about the most common agile methodologies and frameworks and be ready to embrace a mindset, culture and leadership style that will propel your organisation into a transformative future.
- Explore the fundamental Agile concepts and learn why it’s crucial to cultivate a culture of agility.
- Uncover the eight Agile values, the twelve Agile principles and the five phases of the Agile project management model.
- Discover the characteristics that distinguish an agile mindset from a fixed mindset.
- Learn about the most common Agile methodologies and frameworks.
- Study the Agile enterprise and its benefits, key creation steps and factors for successful implementation.
- Explore Agile planning activities, including creating personas and wireframing.
- Learn about the most common Agile estimation techniques including story points, wideband Delphi and affinity estimation.
- Explore key risk management and product quality, testing and integration strategies.
- Uncover the benefits of using facilitation techniques like Agile games to foster cooperation and collaboration.
- Discover how innovating with Lean techniques can help you build the right product and encourage strategic innovation.
- Learn to maximise value and leverage best practices with A/B Testing.
Is This Course for You?
This course is ideal for Project Managers, Project Officers, Change Managers, Business Analysts, Team Managers and Senior Managers who are seeking an Agile approach to product delivery. It’s also a valuable up-skilling qualification for those who are looking to enhance their resume qualifications with Agile project management skills.
Why Study Agile Project Management?
Project management is an exciting and dynamic business discipline that is on the rise in Australia, with over 121,000 professionals predicted to be employed by 2022. Employees with Agile project management skills are in high demand across both contract and permanent roles. Demand is mainly due to organisations increasingly requiring processes that are in sync with the fast and ever-changing pace of business and technology.
Agile project managers can work in a variety of contexts in a vast range of different sectors from construction, manufacturing and engineering to finance, professional services, healthcare administration and information services and technology.
And when it comes to wages? According to Glassdoor, the average national salary for an Agile project manager in Australia is around $118K.
A Day In The Life Of …
One thing Agile project managers are guaranteed of is job variety! You could enjoy a variety of workplace roles, including at an enterprise level, where you may be leading and managing large, complex projects with multiple Agile teams that require integration.
You may also be playing a team level role where you put the appropriate process, tools and people in place for project efficiency and effectiveness. This role could be at a consultant level and also involve coaching team members to optimise efficiency.
Or you could be in a hybrid Agile role where you use your skills to develop an approach that achieves project goals with designated project constraints. Regardless, your focus will most likely be on managing timelines, deliverables, teams and external stakeholders.
Agile project managers are vital to business so you can look forward to a rewarding career in an ever-changing landscape. Because as Project Auditor Joy Gumz, sums up, “Operations keeps the lights on, strategy provides a light at the end of the tunnel, but project management is the train engine that moves the organisation forward.”
Ready to flex your Agile project management muscle? Amp up your skills with our Certificate of Agile Project Management and prepare for a career at the forefront of business transformation.