The social media experts over at Search Engine Journal say that “you need to have some sort of social media presence. After all, the statistics have proven how important social media networks are for a business.”
- Social media sites and blogs reach 8 out of 10 internet users.
- Marketers saw an increase of 74% in website traffic after devoting just 6 hours per week in social media.
- 87% of small businesses claim that social media has helped their business.
- 85% of business decision-makers believe that at least having one social media channel is very important for technology purchase decisions.
Popular Social Media Platforms
Facebook 2.23 billion monthly active users on average, 1.15 billion daily active users on mobile, over 1.47 billion daily active users and five new profiles are created every second!
Twitter 330 million active users and hundreds of millions of tweets every day!
LinkedIn Over 500 million members in 200 countries and territories, 7 million members alone who are Australian.
Instagram 1 billion users! That’s more than double the monthly active users of Twitter
In choosing what to put on your business’s social media list consider which platforms your customers use most. If your business is service-based, a platform like Instagram might not be the best fit. But, if you have a highly visual product, then Instagram would be an ideal place to promote your business.
The great thing about social media is that it can be highly targeted to your customers and there are many options to build your brand organically or via paid advertising.
The Queensland Government states that social media marketing, “presents great marketing opportunities for businesses of all sizes. You can use social media to:
- Promote the name of your brand and business
- Tell customers about your goods and services
- Find out what customers think of your business
- Attract new customers
- Build stronger relationships with existing customers
Social media platforms for business are not one-size fits all, and each has its strengths and weaknesses. It’s crucial that any efforts to promote your business’s products, services and brand are carefully considered to eliminate wasted finances and resources.
If you want to learn more about social media platforms for business, consider taking a short, professional development program such as the Certificate of Social Media Marketing with Australian Online Courses.
Australian Online Courses
If you’re looking for an online training provider that offers quality content, reasonable course fees and superior student support, choose Australian Online Courses for your professional development.
Visit online to discover hundreds of industry-approved, flexible, online courses covering almost every industry sector. Or you can contact one of our friendly Learning Consultants today on 1300 762 221.